Welcome to IFCL
IFCL seeks to express the spirit of Christ and to relate our Christian Faith and Quaker Testimonies to the shaping of responsible decisions by our state Government.
Our purpose is to develop those conditions which allow for the working of the Holy Spirit.
We strive to express our social concerns through personal visits to and correspondence with Indiana legislators, as well as through testimony before legislative committees.We also believe we can be most effective through empowering individual Quakers and Friends Meetings to more capably share their concerns with legislators.
Coalition Groups IFCL Supports
- Indiana Institute for Working Families www.incap.org/iiwf
- Indiana State Teachers Association www.ista-in.org/
- Indiana Coalition for Public Education www.indianacoalitionforpubliced.org/
- American Federation of Teachers Indiana http://in.aft.org/
- Hoosier Environmental Council www.hecweb.org
- Citizens Action Coalition of Indiana www.citact.org
- Citizens’ Climate Lobby www.citizensclimatelobby.org
- Common Cause Indiana www.commoncause.org/indiana
- Indiana Coalition for Independent Redistricting: All In For Democracy www.allinfordeocracy.org
Who are Quakers?
Friends live by the conviction that there is that of God in every person. We have a concern for the poor and less privileged and believe in the necessity of speaking truth to power.
If you are interested in the work of IFCL you can help:
- Provide prayer support
- Serve as a meeting representative
- Working on a committee
- Provide financial support
- And More!
Indiana Friends Committee on Legislation
1723 Ramsey Lane Plainfield, IN 46168
© IFCL 2017